Last month I released v1.2.0 of QTodoTxt and this release was both awesome and horrible. Awesome because for the first time I’ve got external contributors, great new features and a lot of download (more than 300 in one month).
And it’s when I saw those numbers that I realized that QTodoTxt wasn’t a toy project anymore. Obviously it’s useful to someone and because I have users I have to make QTodoTxt better for them too !
And that’s why the last release was horrible:
- One of the main feature (Mac Os X package) does not work as expected and binary packages of QTodoTxt in general are not good enough (Windows package as an issue and Ubuntu too)
- We had a code regression because I was not paying enough attention to my tests.
- We introduced a lot of new features but never took the time to document it.
So the next version (v1.3.0) will be focused on packaging and documentation. Not very glamorous but I think it’s necessary. I will only include 1 new feature and the regression’s fix.
My little list of things to do:
- Make a github site for QTodoTxt in order to show documentation, news and a proper download page
- Set up Travis CI to prevent regression (already done)
- Improve packaging for Ubuntu…
- … And Mac Os X
- Set up a PPA repository for Ubuntu users
If you have a little time, any help is welcome !